ROLE: IT Technician
LOCATION: Watkinsville, GA
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This role maintains, develops, and provides direction and oversight for the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the company. The IT Technician is the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing computer and software issues.
- Provide daily operations and systems support to employees of both complex and routine issues.
- Diagnose hardware and software issues in person, via phone, and email when employees are working remote.
- Installs software and hardware systems, including new equipment; uninstalls old programs.
- Document and maintain IT inventory. Repair and replace equipment as necessary.
- Conduct daily network backup operations.
- Revise existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Design IT systems and networks ensuring the right architecture and functionality. Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
- Train users in new and existing IT systems.
- Acts quickly in a crisis situation so the company can resume normal operations as soon as possible.
- Uphold and continually improve company website.
- Maintain office phone system and troubleshoot any problems.
- Troubleshoot any cell phone issues.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Linux networking and Windows based programing systems, as well as other various operating systems and databases.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an IT Technician.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Discretion to work with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to non-routine problems, master new concepts quickly and efficiently, and need the ability to turn concepts into practical applications.
- Able to complete all work in a timely manner.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
BUSINESS & BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Team Oriented and Interpersonal Skills – Has the ability to work effectively with other company employees or external groups to achieve required objectives and goals.
- Initiative – Has the ability to identify key issues, develop a workable solution from data and working with others, sells his/her solution and implements the solution. Actively seeks solutions to problems before being asked or directed.
- Credibility – Does not blame others and takes responsibility for his/her own mistakes. Respects confidential information and concerns shared by others. Finishes work and reports on time and effectively utilizes data to support positions.
- Continuous Improvement – Has a high level of self-management and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, company, and self. Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results.
- Communication – Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral and written formats. Listens actively and asks the right questions. Appears knowledgeable and confident in communicating information to others.
- Flexibility – Copes successfully with unexpected events. Handles several projects simultaneously. Brings simplicity and order out of complexity and chaos. Adapts well to, and supports change.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Can determine what data is relevant; recognizes inconsistencies and draws inferences from data to develop solutions and options.
- Building Collaborative Relationships - Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity needed for repetitive tasks and operating standard office equipment
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds