|Title:||Construction Business Development|
ROLE: Part-Time Business Development
LOCATION: Watkinsville, GA
Under general policy direction of the President, works to improve organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. Main responsibilities include defining long-term organizational strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising, or other means of generating interest from potential clients within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet with potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s management team.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to work with the company.
- Develop rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify, and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system.
- Accurately track client prospects and routinely report on client development efforts while maintaining required records.
- Complete prequalification forms in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all response documents are free from errors, professionally represented, and that they address the clients’ questions.
- Assist in the process of developing, designing, and formatting new marketing materials.
- Represents the company at events, including but not limited to job fairs, etc.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a high school diploma, but a Bachelors or Associates degree in related field preferred.
Note: Education requirement can be waived for internal candidates who have proven successful as an Administrative Assistant / Customer Service Representative for a minimum of five years and possess the desire and ability to perform role.
- Minimum of three to five years of sales or marketing experience within an industrial environment
- Engineering experience preferred, but not required.
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Exceptional relationship development skills.
- Advanced skill level for operating Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to non-routine problems, master new concepts quickly and efficiently, and need the ability to turn concepts into practical applications.
BUSINESS & BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Team Oriented and Interpersonal Skills – Has the ability to work effectively with other company employees or external groups to achieve required objectives and goals.
- Interpersonal – Resolves conflict in positive ways. Recognizes strengths and limitations of self and others. Deals with the diverse behavior or others in groups to increase the group’s productivity.
- Initiative – Has the ability to identify key issues, develop a workable solution from data and working with others, sells his/her solution and implements the solution. Actively seeks solutions to problems before being asked or directed.
- Credibility – Does not blame others and takes responsibility for his/her own mistakes. Respects confidential information and concerns shared by others. Finishes work and reports on time and effectively utilizes data to support positions.
- Continuous Improvement – Has a high level of self-management and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, company, and self. Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results.
- Communication – Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral and written formats. Listens actively and asks the right questions. Appears knowledgeable and confident in communicating information to others.
- Flexibility – Copes successfully with unexpected events. Handles several projects simultaneously. Brings simplicity and order out of complexity and chaos. Adapts well to, and supports change.
- Building Collaborative Relationships - Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.